MEASURES FOR ANTI RAGGING
To establish an effective Anti Ragging System in line with the directives of JUTU-H and AICTE, Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad has taken the following measures:
The discipline committee having reviewed the Anti Ragging policies of the Institution resolved that it requires to be implemented in toto, taking the instructions issued by the AICTE, UGC, University and state Government bodies. Our anti-ragging policy is enclosed for ready reference.
1. An anti ragging committee comprising the Principal, DEANS, HODs, Class Co-Ordinators and Student Representatives has been constituted.
2. The Principal, HODs and senior faculty addressed the seniors before the I years arrive, explaining to them the menace of ragging and the severity of the situation, the directives of the Supreme Court, the AICTE and JNTUH and punishment that will be metedto them in case found to be guilty of ragging. They also informed them that the burden of proof lies with the accused and not with the victim.
3.Supreme Court instructions, Ragging act and punishments from university to be displayed prominently in all notice boards, canteen and other meeting places. Postures discouraging ragging have also been displayed at all strategic points. Scrolling on anti-ragging on all screens continuously. Telephone numbers of anti-ragging committee to be displayed prominently.
4 An Anti Ragging Squad was also constituted with the members on vigil throughout the day from well before the college started upto late in the evening. In the first three months surprise visits by the members took place to check any untoward incidents.
5. Notifications have been released clearly mentioning that ragging is banned in the college.
6. The Prospectus contained information about the directives of the AICTE about the prohibition and consequences of ragging.
7. On admission every student was given printed information about to whom he has to turn for guidance for various purposes including Class Co-Ordinators, HODs and members of anti ragging committees along with their phone numbers.
8. Undertakings by student and parents have been taken an affidavit given by AICTE and UGC saying that they are aware of the laws of ragging. Anti-Ragging oath is also administered to the second year students.
9. As part of the orientation a counseling session shall be organized for the freshers and their parents on the first day of academic session expected to be in Sep 2013. Principal shall explain to them the measures of anti ragging taken by GRIET as per the recommendations of the JNTUH and AICTE.
10. A gap of two months was maintained between the class work of the fresher’s and the seniors.
11. The class work timings of the seniors and the juniors have been staggered so that the fresher’s and the seniors did not meet.
(i) Formation of anti-ragging squads from the date of joining of the first years for a period of 2 months. These squads will travel along with the first year students in buses to and from the college.
(ii) Visit to all potential trouble spots like the canteen, parking and bus stops on a surprise basis.
Anti Ragging Policy
(Adapted in 2005 and followed since)
Awareness, Avoidance, Action
Make the seniors aware of the ills of ragging and its consequences by way of posters, notices and counselling lectures by faculty class-in-charges, HODs/ principal/ director/ management representatives, undertaking by the students, parents etc.
1) Enforcing measures to minimize contact between freshers and seniors, by staggered timings for students of different years.
2) Forming anti-ragging squads, and
3) By continuous surveillance at vulnerable locations for ragging such as toilets, terraces, canteen, outside bakeries, bus-stops etc.
Whenever a ragging case is reported, to take appropriate action through the discipline committee.
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE 2014-15
|1||Dr. Jandhyala N Murthy||Principal||H.No:1-9-290/7-3,Vidyanagar , Hyderabad – 44||9391184994|
|2||Dr. G.V.Ramana||Dean Discipline||Flat No. 7222, Janapriya Nilevalley, Chanda Nagar, Hyderabad – 50||9440207230|
|3||Sri. P.Venkateswarlu||Circle Inspector||Dundigal||9490617219|
|4||Dr. J. Praveen||Dean Student Affairs||Flat – 101, Sai Raghava Residency, Avanthi Enclave, Madinaguda, Hyderabad -49||9440381885|
|5||Dr. K.Anuradha||Professor & Dean, Academic Affairs||Plot No. – 281/C, Addagutta Society, Opp. JNTUH, Kukatpally, Hyderabad – 72||9440619039|
|6||Sri. R. Srinivasa Raju||Physical Director||H.No:7, Aditya Garden, Bachupally, Kukatpally, Hyderabad-72||9440084845
|7||Sri. K S N Raju||SAO||Pl. No: 9, Hi-Rise Pride Colony, Nizampet Village, Kukatpally, Hyderabad-72||9949655559
Mr. P Avinash 13241A04G9
|II B.Tech (ECE)||Plot No:1/A, Sri Sai Hostal, Addagutta society, Opp. JNTUH,||9603233913|
|9||Mr. A Sukesh Reddy 13241A0204
|II B Tech (EEE)||Sukeshreddy.email@example.com||8885675501|
|10||Mr. P. Srujan reddy 13241A0391||II B Tech (MECH)||firstname.lastname@example.org||9441984043|
|11||Mr. Hemanth Reddy 13241A0555||II B Tech (CSE)||Hemanthreddy.email@example.com||9703614105|
|12||Mr. Sai Krishna 13241A1207||II B Tech (IT)||Hno.202, JP Nagar,Miyapur,
|13||Mr. P Pranay
|II B Tech (BME)||11-1-441/442, Mylargadda, Secundrabad||8885840626|
|II B Tech (CE)||firstname.lastname@example.org||8143681681|
|15||Ms. K Neha
|II B Tech (BT)||email@example.com||9177676165|
|16||Mr. B Bala Murali Krishna
Guntur Dist, AP
|17||Mr. B.Madhu 13241E0013
GRIET Telephone 040-65864440 / 65864441
Ragging Helpline : 1-800-4251288.
For any difficulty kindly contact any of the above numbers.
GRIET/PRIN/12A/G/14-15 21 Aug 2014
ANTI RAGGING SQUADS
The following are the student members of anti ragging squads.
|S.No||Name of the student||Roll No||Department||
|1||Mr.N. Srikanth Naik||13241A2318||BT||9640263545|
|3||Mr. M. Bhuvaneswar Reddy||13241A1107||BME||9676062690|
|4||Ms. RMB Shruthi||13241A1115||BME||9032563228|
|5||Mr. M Manmohan||13241A05E9||CSE||8374622962|
|6||Mr. J Ranjith Singh||13241A0581||CSE||9912271380|
|12||Mr. K.S.S.Akhil Varma||13241A0450||ECE||9908664224|
|13||Ms. J Alekya||13241A0225||EEE||9299651346|
|14||Mr. K Bharat||13241A0231||EEE||8125479045|
|15||Ms. R keerthana||13241A0295||EEE||9490060827|
|16||Mr. B Lalu Prasad||13241A0261||EEE||9705379279|
|18||Mr. G.Gopi krishna||13241A0364||ME||9553770987|
|21||Ms. CH. Manisha||13241A0133||Civil Engg.||9154033613|
|22||Mr. G. Yaswanth||13241A0137||Civil Engg.||8187805083|
|23||Ms. M. Sirisha||13241A0169||Civil Engg.||7893490846|
|24||Mr. M. Bharadwaj||13241A0172||Civil Engg.||9652035351|
|25||Mr. Sai Teja||13241E0003||MBA||9949512975|
Their main duties are
- To persuade their colleagues, especially those of II year from participating in ragging mainly by pointing out its dangerous consequences and
- To report any suspicious circumstances to the Physical Director/ Dean Discipline for necessary action.