Sprawling over 18 acres, the NBA- accredited Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology (GRIET) is a college famous for its aesthetic appeal. The route to the college also forms a pleasing view. The trees inside the campus not just provide shade and shelter but almost beckon one to sit down with them!
The colossal campus has four blocks surrounded on all sides by greenery. Boasting of three floors and separate cubicles for each student, the Library is another feature to the Infrastructure of GRIET. The labs are well-resourced with up-to-date equipment and are conducive to the students’ everyday progress. An open-air gallery with a seating capacity of over 2000 spectators has been constructed as a student recreation center. This stadium lies prominently in the center of institution. It houses a spacious indoor stadium and a canteen under its very structure. This multi-purpose facility has been named Student Recreation Centre (SRC).
- Multiple student organizations that promote holistic student growth.
- The student chapter of IEEE runs on the purpose of the dissemination of knowledge of the theory and practice of all branches of engineer. The sister chapter WIE (Women in Education) encourages Women into Engineering and Education.
- Other Student Chapters include ISTE (to assist and contribute in Industry Training), SME (Mechanical Engineering student chapter under SME), SAE (GRIET chapter of leading resource for mobility technology, SAEINDIA) and CSI (to promote communication, education and research) among others.
Athletics and Fitness
- Various sports clubs to enhance the fitness and sporting levels of students.
- The college has a well-developed Basket Ball court, and several Volley Ball and Throw Ball courts and an internal Table Tennis Stadium. Under the guidance of Sri.R.Srinivasa Raju, M.PEd, the Physical Education Trainer of the college, the college teams participate in various competitions and stands in a prestigious position. The college has strong Table Tennis players and a very strong volleyball and cricket team. The basketball team has participated in many inter-university competitions and won several prizes.
- Well-equipped On campus Gym and Fitness center.
Students of GRIET are encouraged to be active learners and participate in various Tech and Cultural events. Numerous seminars, conferences and expos give the necessary exposure for life after college. Students have access not only to extraordinary campus resources but are also participants of events at Companies and other colleges.
Around the Campus
The campus has an overall appealing environment which makes it comfortable for students to go on about their daily activities. The weather at the campus also mostly being breezy, it is student-friendly and serene.