Entrepreneurship Development Cell
The objective of our EDC unit is to promote entrepreneurship among the youth and to nurture a passion for self-employment. This will open gates for creation of new knowledge-based innovative hi-tech ventures, industries and new breed of technopreneurs and more avenues of employment opportunities thus turning job seekers into job creators and in the process, leading the nation towards industrial excellence and self-reliance.
Objectives of EDC:
- To create awareness on entrepreneurship among the students of engineering, MBA & MCA Programmes.
- To conduct programs in Entrepreneurship enabling skills.
- To identify and motivate budding entrepreneurs.
- To assist entrepreneurs in sourcing finance, identifying market, preparation of business plan and product development.
- To guide the prospective entrepreneurs in knowledge based ventures.
- To help entrepreneurs to acquire necessary skills to run the industry effectively.
- To bridge the gap between Industries and Institution by carrying out the research activities for the industries.
- To collaborate with other organizations and institutions.
- To organize entrepreneurship development and awareness programs.
- To undertake research studies to identify high technology areas having entrepreneurship opportunities.
EDC activities are coordinated by:
Coordinator-Dr D Sailaja, Professor, Department of BT
Member-Mr. K. N. Balaji Kumar, Associate Professor, Department of ECE
Member-Mr. N.V. Ganapathi Raju, Associate Professor, Department of MCA
Member-Dr D Indira, Associate Professor, Department of MBA